Mutiny in Baker Street

I almost missed this thread! (that cant be a good sign).

Actually dielexi could be an english name. :ohoh:

Thats terrible, i prefer thelexi!

I dont know if i should play. Firts i really like to play, but my english is terrible. Second, i have to study, but i dont learn 24/7. So im going to think about it and you get my final answer tomorrow.

I'll force you to participate - but only if you start writing I with an capital i. :D

Yeah, I know, I forgot that. :argh: I tried to change it afterwards, but seemingly that doesn't work.

I'll force you to participate - but only if you start writing I with an capital i. :D

I’m sorry, I tend to get a little bit sloppy sometimes. The last time I wrote in English was years ago. I have to read a lot in English and I watch many films and tv shows in english, but listeninig, reading and writing are different things.

The upper might could offer the stories as audio-books :D

Hey, that's a great idea!
We will all type our postings for the mutiny in german and then we use the Google Translator which translate it then. I'm quite sure we would have a lot of fun :scream:

When I take this sentences here and translate it to german, I get:
Hey, das ist eine tolle Idee!Wir werden alle unsere Buchungen für die Meuterei auf Deutsch geben, und dann verwenden wir den Google-Translator die es dann übersetzen. Ich bin ziemlich sicher, dass wir eine Menge Spaß haben würde
And when I translate them a few times to german and back to english and at the end to hungarian, we get:

Hey a great idea!We know that our reservations on the mutiny in the German, and then we will translate using Google Translator. I am sure that we would be a lot of fun
Eh yes, sure we will be a lot of fun. :ohoh:

*sneaks in*
This is so tempting. I mean, really tempting.
But I'm having nightshifts all week, so I won't be home when all the magic here is gonna happen. But I'd like to have the roles sent to have some fun after work =)
Oh, and lots of fun to you all as well!
*sneaks out*

btw, it's weird to write (and read) in english in this forum. Shhh brain, it's okay.

I don't know if I dare to join because I forgot how to speak english. Shame on me. It sounds like french english :D

That's nothing to worry about, we will hardly expect anyone to write in perfect English. The most important part is to have as much fun as possible :D

Just join in, you won't regret it ;)

Um, 4 hours remain... and we still miss at least one player to get started, don't we?

I know, but in school I was good in english and now I forgot all :D but count me in, I'll try.
I've got something that worked perfectly well when it came to preventing me from forgetting too much: Whenever I want to see a movie or read a book that's originally in English, I'll see/read it in English. The movies were pretty hard to understand at first, but by now I don't even think about any words that I don't know. My brain doesn't even realize if I don't understand some of the words in a sentence because it's all perfectly clear from the context. And if my brain does go "WTF", it's probably because most native speakers would react in just the same way :D Books are just the same, just without the really hard part in the beginning.
And even though I never really use the language myself, I don't really have any problems right now. Maybe not everything's really correct when it comes to grammar or figures of speech, but I still don't have to think much more about how to write something than I'd have to in German. Actually, sometimes I know perfectly well how it should sound in English but I just can't remember how one would put it in German :D For example, every single time I think about pumpkins, I really have the word pumpkin in mind instead of Kuerbis. And every single time, i need some time to remember what it's called in German :rolleyes: Guess I read too much Harry Potter :glory:

And as there is a pretty high chance that we'll one day really need the language in real life, I can only recommend this method of not forgetting :D It's definitely worth it, and once you get used to it, it doesn't make a difference anyway, which version of a movie/book you use - except that with the original, you don't have to bother with translation errors and those little word plays that just don't work in other languages. Free practice with things that you'd do for entertainment anyway! :love:

@ mizuki: I always look films in english because I don't like the voices of the people who translate it :D so I understand english as well as always but as I have been to France I forgot how to speak it so my sentences are worse :D

Uh, France... Yeah, understandable =)

33 minutes left and there are still 5 great places remaining! So come on, don't be shy, no one will kill you because of your english. :D Well, I won't. I don't know about certain mutineers or cooks. :D

[The altogether violent jassie]

/edit: not so great at maths today, thank you Margaret. :D

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

That's exactly what I was thinking... :D

Yay, it's starting soon! I just remembered that the last time we played in English there was a huge debate about different hair lengths... I have no idea why that just came to my mind. But it was funny.

Good luck, Miss Kicker :cool:

The long-hair-riddle turned out to be a disaster after realizing that Yvaines avatar also showed a female person with long hair, but still it was quite amusing :D

Time's up. :nick: We'll draw the roles now. Please don't talk after our next post - thank you. :)

[Eo]

I'm sending out the roles now. Please don't talk until our next post.

[jassie]

Everyone should have received his or her role by now. Please confirm this, and if you haven't got one, scream very loudly. [But in a Private Message, please. :D]

[jassie]

Got mine too :)

After the decision to lock one person into the warehouse every evening, the lackeys met in secret. Everyone agreed - it would definitely be best to act first. The discussion about whom to choose started right away. After a long time of coming to no agreement at all, one lackey said: "Look, there's someone creeping through the shadows over there!” and another said: "It's a woman! Let's take her!" They were in a very mean mood today.
After they hit the woman over the head with a pretty sturdy piece of wood conveniently lying on the pavement, they dragged her away and locked her into a cellar full of wine.
One of the evildoers looked into her pockets and found two vials, very inconspicuously labeled "LOVE POTION DO NOT DRINK". "Oh look, it's Irene Adler [Amhranai]*", he laughed.
As they were leaving, Irene woke up and shouted: "Hey! Get me out! You stupid bananas!". Then she looked around at the wine and thought: "Oh well, at least I've got something to do." After drinking a whole bottle she thought: "If only Sherlock was with me!"

*Cupid

Dates for tomorrow:

18:30 pm: Vote for boss and man in charge
19:30 pm: Plank and afterwards meeting of the mutineers

You may talk!

The Cupid seems not to be very popular in the last rounds :ohoh:
A Pity for Amhranai, but also not a role which is that important.

Okay, I'll tell you later a bit more :)

Boss is captain, yes. Sorry, forgot to write that. :D

Well, at least her special role was the least important one. Let's hope you wisely chose your couple.

And as for the votes tomorrow... One will be a self-vote (chief mate) and the other one will be either a random guess or whatever will turn out to be a good idea after some discussion (hopefully). Since there are no completely new players on board who I could safely sort out, it won't be an easy decision. Oh well, let's see. :ohoh:

I'll be absent on thursday for a couple of hours from 4 pm on but friday is fine.

I guess that's all for the moment.

After drinking a whole bottle she thought: "If only Sherlock was with me!"
Am clearly is a mutineer :scream: At least while drunk and locked in, she is.

Cupid? Well, nothing too useful unless there's another panic concerning a mixed couple %)

I will elect myself for officer and will decide about my captain during the day tomorrow. Probably one of the stronger players as usual, especially seeing that there are a few.

As for me having enough time on Friday, I should be free for the whole day. And if you decide to elect me (I really hope not :mad:), I hope that I don't depend on my lovely pain killers too much by then, they make me dizzy and I regularly need to lay down for a little while (and sometimes I fall asleep, which would be pretty bad if my body just decides to sleep right through the duel :rolleyes:). If my past experience about losing teeth at the dentist's is worth something though, it should be fine in a day or two.

You are mean :zitter: So, so, so, so mean. I have been looking forward to this mutiny for ages, because I love playing in English...
Well, obviously I can't give you any hints as to the couple's roles... I do know that they have something in common, but at the same time there are at least two things they differ in.
All I can do is wish you luck and tell all the officers to kick the Lackeys' *peeeeep* You've done it in the past, you can do it now.

Cheers. *grabs second bottle of wine*

And @Might: I'd like to have the roles :)

Zur Zeit aktive Besucher

Zurück
Oben Unten