Mutiny in the Sherwood Forest

Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.
I really can't wait to get started! :D
Would be great if we got 18 players - we haven't been that popular since... hm... well, I can't remember.

*sing* We're men... we're men in tights, we stroll around the forest looking for fights... %)

Second ME :scream:

I think we should elevate to 20 players, as we've got 17 already, but Maid nattsi and Maid Elena, who both were interested, haven't signed up yet.

[Maid Eowyn]

Me wants to play too! :scream:

The story's great I bet, but I'll read it later ;)

There is 1 place left :scream:

Who wants to be the lucky one?

Force Miffy to play, too? =)

But why 2 places? The first post says it's only one left :D

To recite a famous poem that just comes to my mind:
Whan þat Aprill with his shoures sote
Þe droghte of Marche haþ perced to the rote,
And baðed euery veyne in swich licour,
Of which vertu engendred is þe flour;

*blinks to Elen*

Oh Geoffrey Chaucer, one of the finest artists of the time of our great-great-grandchildren ;) (Born 1343). I am actually wondering whether our plot is still taking place during the period of Old English literature...

I know that in this time no one talked our kind of English, but apart from you and me (a bit) I know no one who plays this Mutiny who can read or write Middle English

Well, Eo, I guess you don't really have an idea of what I can read and what not :lol:

When you get your first academic title, we can continue this conversation. ;)
:p
No, but it is to nice how you react on mistakes :D
Yes, well, darling - I have a responsibility here. After all, I'm a teacher (more or less) :D
If you can't speak proper English although you study it, that would be really crazy :p
"couldn't" - as it is a phrase with "if" :p

Edit @ Purple: well, the Austrian tertiary education system is a total failure alltogether :D

:p

Yes, well, darling - I have a responsibility here. After all, I'm a teacher (more or less) :D

A teacher for poor children, i guess - but not a teacher for innocent members of our beloved community. ;)

Edit @ Purple: well, the Austrian tertiary education system is a total failure alltogether

You know that the Austrians love to complain. We should be grateful for what we have. Warning! Irony!
Besides: it's understandable that University students can't imagine the high level of education at Universities of Applied Sciences. :p

A teacher for poor children, i guess - but not a teacher for innocent members of our beloved community. ;)
I don't know if these children are that poor (well, they are poor if they have problems in Maths, but then I can't help them either :D) - you see, I'm a tutor (I think that's the correct word - leo doesn't work at this moment, and my dictionary said that "Nachhilfe" is called tutoring)
You know that the Austrians love to complain. We should be grateful for what we have. Warning! Irony!
Well, of course! I say - we should be thankful, thankful! for paying 400 Euro per semester (well, not anymore) for overcrowded lecture halls, dirty toilets, lack of toilet paper, broken seats and all that stuff!

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Before I forget to ask:
Tomorrow this game will start at 7.30pm with the first Mutinity.
But when is the vote for Captain an Chief Mate.
It's on Saturday, isn't it?

I hope I will not be an Mutineer, because I have to work till 6.30 PM.:rolleyes:

Yes, the chat will be in english too.

[Mailin]

And how many mutineers will be there?

Well..... to be honest, we're not really sure.
At the moment we tend to 6 mutineers with 19 players and 7 with 20 players. Would that be okay for you or should it also be 6 mutineers with 20 players?

7 mutineers with 20 Players is okay for me.
It makes more fun ;D

7 mutineers with 20 players is ok, too.

Yeah, 7 for 20 players should be fine.

7 would be fine. As it seems the start will be tomorrow in the early evening?

Yes, we will draw the different roles tomorrow after 5 pm. So I guess, you all will have your role not later than six.

[Mailin]

Didn't know you're studying English, Eo... What semester are you in?

And since you study this amazingly beautiful language, you might have spent some time abroad in order to be with native speakers for a while (really helps you an awful lot, imo... especially all the informal expressions you get to know... and the swearwords!). So whereabout have you been? England? The States? Australia? And for how long?

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Um. I was in Ireland for two weeks with...school :D In tenth grade. As I'm only in the second semester, I wasn't in England for studying yet, but I'm planning to do so in maybe two years.

Maybe, I can have a personal Translater:DPlease??
Or just someone who can help me with my bad bad English???

If you know the grammar stuff you could simply stick with a dictionary like the one someone already posted in here (leo.org) or the one I use on a (mostly) regular basis. And just don't forget that noone's a native speaker of English language :)

I'm already excited and hope everything will run as expected. As for the translation for "Höhere Macht" I could ask a friend later on, maybe she'll be able to riddle that one. I'd personally stick with "upper might" for the moment.

I think I may have to withdraw as I am not sure whether I'm gonna be home before 7:30 pm.
Anyhow one question though, the game starts at 7:30 pm, does this mean the first victim for the blank will be chosen till 7:30 pm?

Um. I was in Ireland for two weeks with...school :D In tenth grade. As I'm only in the second semester, I wasn't in England for studying yet, but I'm planning to do so in maybe two years.

Okay... Well I kinda expected a 19-year-old Austrian to not have been abroad for a longer period of time ;) Ireland is lovely, spent half a year in Dublin!

oh my gosh iam so excited about this! i want this game to start, so badly!...english is my favorite language even though im not as half as good as anyone of you!

Okay... Well I kinda expected a 19-year-old Austrian to not have been abroad for a longer period of time ;) Ireland is lovely, spent half a year in Dublin!
Oh, I can't say I've seen much of Dublin as I was there only for three days, but I was to Trinity College and the great library there (dunno what's it called) and that was beautiful. On the other days, I was in Galway on the west coast, which was really, really beautiful and very Irish, I loved it.

I want to start :scream: (i know that screaming doesn't work, but I can try it)
And I'm so exited, how this mutiny (stupid word) will be =)

Edit:Mad:maid Eo: Trinity college. Is it the same college as in this new film?

It's a perfect day, the letter from university was in the mailbox, the mutiny starts today... The only thing still missing is a perfect role :D

I want to start too, now! :scream: *tries to help black*

I'm sorry, guys, but since Mailin is not online I can't start without her - but I think she will be online in 20 minutes :D

[Maid Eowyn]

@ black: which film?

@Eo: Oh sry the college/school whatever has a other name.
The film is called 'the girls from st. Trinian' and I switched Trinity with trinian (can i say it so?) :rolleyes:

@Mailin: Come online! NOW!!! :D

Oh, Ireland. What a great country :) I love it. Last year I've been there for about two weeks, in Dublin, Tralee, Galway, the Ring of Kerry (sooo beautiful) and Connemara. We saw those old monasteries like Clonmacnoise or Glendalough, the beautiful landscape, St.Patricks Cathedral, those prehistoric sites in Brú na Bóinne (Newgrange, Knowth and Dowth, the Rock of Cashel, Trinity College etc.

Now I'm looking forward to the start of this game and I hope that I will get a good role.

The roles are drawn. Please DO NOT confirm that you got your role before our next post. Thank you :D

[Maid Eowyn]

Everyone should have their roles now. If you haven't got a PM, please write us a PM, do NOT complain in the thread. Thank you again :D

[Maid Eowyn]

I. Won't. Read. All. This. Posts.

Got the role, Jack. *earwig*

I got my role

Ok, the day is nearly perfect^^

Got the role.

I also got my role.

Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.

Zur Zeit aktive Besucher

Zurück
Oben Unten