Mutiny on the Seven Seas

Höhere Macht

Mutiny on the Seven Seas​
Mutiny-forum​

We write the year 1607 AD. A small sailer is on its way about the Atlantic Ocean - and has been for the last 150 years. A condemned ship full of ghosts, who were forced to live through their last battle over and over again.
The cause for this battle had been quite a simple one: The gold that should have been transported to England. But a small group of mutinees had had other plans about that gold and had been trying to find the place, where it had been stored. When the captain and the chief mate were found dead, the whole situation escalated. Now the sailors were fighting a hard battle against the mutinees to save their gold - a battle that would cost many lives.
The sailors had some aid on their side - there were a nightwatch, a ship's cook, a priest... and the cupid; who all stood on the side of the sailors and all brought their own skills with them.
But somehow, the ship got doomed, with all its sailors forced to repeat that last battle until the end of time. Only if the sailors won the battle this time the curse would be broken...

--
And no, that's not Pirates of the Caribbean - I've never seen it and I never will :p :D

The Rules:

The upper might will draw the roles for all takers at the beginning of the game. The crew will separate into sailors and mutineers. The role of each member is a secret. At day, everyone will counsel about who could be a mutineer. Until 7:30 pm, a victim for the plank has to be voted. The victim will be thrown over board and the role will be revealed. Drop out members are allowed to write one [and only one] farewell post to give hidden clues. If you’re not sure whether your farewell post is too direct, send it to us first. There is also a chatroom for the mutineers, whose link they will get via PM. From 7:30 to 8:00 pm [limit!], the mutineers will counsel in the chatroom about which sailor will be mutinied, under the control of the upper might. It is not allowed to talk about votes in the chatroom! After the mutineers have chosen their victim the conclusion will be announced in the thread. If the sailor had a special part [see below] it will be announced as well. The mutineers win if they are the clear majority; the sailors win if all mutineers are over board.

Other rules:

• The daytime „night“ begins after the vote for the plank. Now, the special parts can leverage their special abilities and the mutineers make their decision. The nights ends, if a victim for the mutiny is chosen and the special parts have sent their action via PM. During night no posts will be posted.

• There is a general ban on outing. Nobody is allowed to announce his role. Sentences like “I’m the ship’s cook” are not allowed. Guesses about the roles of other persons are allowed.

• It is not allowed to speak about the mutiny outside of the thread. This is valid for chatrooms and messengers as well as PMs.

• Readers are welcome, but they are not allowed to write something about the game. Drop out members aren’t allowed either to write something in the thread [apart from one farewell post] until the game is finished.

• If the ship’s cook is mutinied in the night in which he’s poisoning somebody, he is allowed to finish his action.

• If a candidate of a duel doesn’t attend, he will lose automatically. If both don’t attend, they will both lose. For this reason, everyone who is not sure if he is present on the day of the duel should send his moves on the PREVIOUS day.

The Special Parts:

• The Captain: he is voted on the first day by all takers. On the third day, he has to detain a duel. He sends the names of the two attendants in a PM to the upper might. The loser of the duel will drop out of the game.

• The Chief Mate: he, too, will be voted on the first day by the crew. He has a double ballot in every vote.

• The Priest: he can ask about the role of any member every night. To do that, he will send the upper might a PM, who will tell the priest the role, but only if he is a sailor or a mutineer. Only a sailor can be a priest.

• The Ship’s Cook: he has two bottles with poison. In the course of the game, he can poison a member in two nights each. The poisoned member will drop out. Only a sailor can be a ship’s cook.

• The Night Watch: every night, the night watch can protect a member of his choice (so he can’t be mutinied), but not himself. Only a sailor can be a night watch.

• The Cupid: in the first night, the cupid will choose two members who will be the lovers. After that, he has no function any more. Only a sailor can be a cupid.

• The Lovers: the lovers will be chosen in the first night by the cupid and can consist of sailors and mutineers. It is not allowed for them to plank or mutiny the other one or send the other one into the duel. If one of the lovers goes over board, the other one will drop out as well.

The duel on the third day comes up with the prominent game of rock-paper-scissors. both candidates will send us in their PMs two times three moves, for example: rock, paper, rock, scissors, paper, rock. If the first three moves lead to tie, the second three moves will compete. If they lead to tie as well, both candidates will survive the duel.

For the game to be alive, the members should engage themselves active. Members who will not write meaningful posts with theories and suspicions (as to say, an average of at least one post per day) after the first day will be banned for the following two games.

IMPORTANT!

Due to an increased number of egresses it was decided to supplement the rules by the following point: Banning members with multiple egresses or inactivity during the game.
To prevent further egresses and inactivity of members to bother the game there will be a „account for egresses and inactivity“.
Every member will be given one point each for one egress or inactivity that has been noticed by the upper might. By adding the second point, the member will be banned for the following three games. After that he can participate as usual. However, the points won’t be deleted and after 2 further points there will be a ban of five games. If the number of 4 games with inactivity or egresses gets crossed, there might be more bans.
If there is a cogent reason to egress, it will not be able to consider it, because the upper might won’t be able to check on it. The points will be given regardless of the reasons.

To prevent that egresses or inactivity some time ago have consequences after some completed games in the meantime, one point can be deleted after 5 completed games. The „burden of proof“ is at the side of the member, the points won’t be deleted automatically by the upper might or by the admins of the mutiny-forum. Before a ban is spoken out, the deletion of points has to be clarified.
The validation of egresses is self-explaining, as the point of time counts the beginning of the game through the first mutiny. The rating of inactivity may be done by the upper might of each game. Hereby there should be used some intuition, but simultaneously there should be a consequent usage of the rule (i.e. multiple days withouth any meaningful posts that contain suspicions and estimations). Other members should be fair and don’t claim bans, simultaneously the upper might can of course consider the reactions of the members. The account can be seen in the mutiny-forum by the following link: Link

Register until Thursday, May 12th, 6pm
And notice: No German word allowed - all the votes, too! :p
Thanks to Spocky for the admission.

Participators: (18/18)
1. Chrisslybärchen - sailor
2. Eowyn - sailor
3. dieLexi, planked 3rd day, sailor
4. Himmel, planked 1st day, sailor
5. Mailin, planked 4th day, mutineer
6. *Lotusbluete*, mutinied 5th night, nightwatch*Captain
7. Seme - sailor
8. Wiesel, planked 5th day, mutineer
9. Ghostwriter, poisoned 5th night, sailor
10. Firyar *Chief Mate - ship's cook
11. Kestrel, poisoned 3rd day, mutineer
12. YvaineLacroix, died because of the loving couple 5th night, mutineer
13. Antébero, planked 2nd day, mutineer
14. Alca - Cupid
15. Nik Sim - sailor
16. M.P., mutinied 4th night, priest
17. Nam Som, died in the duel 3rd day, mutineer
18. Margaret, mutinied 2nd night, sailor

Replacements:
- Himmel

Logbook:
First night:
- Firyar was protected by the nightwatch
- Nightwatch was active
- Priest was active
- the Cupid chose a loving couple

First day:
- Lotusbluete was elected Captain, Firyar was elected Chief Mate
- Himmel went over the plank

Second night:
- Margaret got mutinied
- Nightwatch was active
- Priest was active

Second day:
- Antébero went over the plank

Third night:
- Eowyn was protected by the nightwatch
- Priest was active
- Nightwatch was active

Third day:
- Nam lost the duel
- Lexi went over the plank

Fourth night:
- M.P. was mutined
- Kestrel was poisoned
- Priest was active
- nightwatch was active

Fourth day:
- Mailin got planked

Fifth night:
- Lotus was mutinied
- Ghost was poisoned
- Yvaine died because of the loving couple

Fifth day:
- Wiesel got elected captain
- Wiesel went over the plank

Dates:
May 15th:
- 7.30pm plank
afterwards: mutineer's meeting

Mutineers : Sailors = 2:8

The sailors win!

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
I'm in - and although you don't like Johnny Depp, it still sounds much like Pirates of the Carribean to me. ;)

Mailin, I can has ur msn-addy, plz? Kthxbye.

I want to ask kindly if I would get a spot reserved for myself and my horrible english :)

@Lotus: Yep, Eowyn told me before - but I've never seen that stuff and I never will :D

I think my English is not good enough,but I want to read along.Can you please send me the roles,when the Game ist starting. I hope you have al lot of fun .

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
I think my English is not good enough,but I want to read.Can you please send me the parts,when the Game ist starting. I hope you have al lot of fun .

Come on, my english is the worst here. So just try it, it will be funny. ;)

Yeah, that sounds really like "Pirates of the Caribbean". Great, please sign me in.

[EDIT]: @upper might: I dont believe that the Ronacher is on seven seas... may you should change this... ^^

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Unfortunately I don't have msn :(
But I thought you've ben talking to meli via MSN? Hm, that's ominous. My ICQ is dead, so I can't talk via that anymore. :/

@ Shame: Yes it is! :scream:

i think my english isn't good enough, too, but i want the parts when it starts, please.

Can all the people who say that their english is not well enough for this game, join so we have the first volunteers for the first 2-3 deaths? please?

I would hate to die again so quickly so baddies and priest, hands off me ! Nowai you gonna kill me or question me early :zitter:

The story's great. It really does sound a lot like Pirates of the Caribbean. You should watch those movies, they're entertaining.

As soon as they take Johnny Depp out - okay :D But I can't stand him and that's why I'll never watch those movies...

Everyone's in up to Firyar - new record, it's quite some time a game took that much time to fill :D

Can all the people who say that their english is not well enough for this game, join so we have the first volunteers for the first 2-3 deaths? please?

I would hate to die again so quickly so baddies and priest, hands off me ! Nowai you gonna kill me or question me early :zitter:
Yeah me too, please! :scream: I'd like to play some three days or so this time, especially because it's in English.
Yeah, years ago. But I can't rember my account name and passwort :argh: But if you wait until I#ve watched the new episode of Gosip Girl (devastated Chuck :love:), I can try and set up a new account.
That would be great, I miss talking to you. :D

Okay. I've already joined the game so I can be the first volunteer. :D

As soon as they take Johnny Depp out - okay :D But I can't stand him and that's why I'll never watch those movies...
You're missing out on a lot of awesome movies. Not only Pirates of the Caribbean but also some movies by Tim Burton.
How come you don't like Johnny Depp?

Oh, I watched some Tim Burton movies already. Helena Bonham-Carter is the counter piece to Johnny Depp, so that's ok :D
Don't know, I just don't like him.

Already 12 players and there are some more who were interested, I think we should get up to 15 participants. :)

I'd like to join too :)

Oh my God, you won't believe how nervous I am now I am part of this mutiny. :lol:
I hope I am able to understand everything and I'll write comprehensible. :ohoh:
Where is the damn dictionary? *seek* Ah, there it is. I'm sure it will be soon my best friend. :D

And by the way, Johny Depp is the coolest pirate I've ever seen. :love:

Here, me too *waving with both arms*

God. I know I will regret it. I know the others will regret it. But...

Ok. Sorry- I will try it. Please don't kill me for my multifarious faults.

And don't expect lang posts from me, too :) I can read pretty good, but my own English ist actually terrible %)

Same here. But before it's full and I regret it NOT to take part in, I try.

Yeah! *bounce in the air*
Now I'm sure it will be a lot of fun! :love:
Great that you two want to try, too.
And I won't write long posts, too.

That means we're full :D Great :)

God. I know I will regret it. I know the others will regret it. But...

Ok. Sorry- I will try it. Please don't kill me for my multifarious faults.

And don't expect lang posts from me, too :) I can read pretty good, but my own English ist actually terrible %)

Same here. But before it's full and I regret it NOT to take part in, I try.

Yeah! *bounce in the air*
Now I'm sure it will be a lot of fun! :love:
Great that you two want to try, too.
And I won't write long posts, too.

I just totally agree with Yvaine! :D *running around and singing happily*

Now that we're full, I can't wait to start - so, is there any chance that we could actually start earlier? *g*

Das nächste Mal lasse ich mir aber einen Platz reservieren :naja:

Viel Spaß.

@Might

Compliments for the story! I little bit creepy, but reasonable! I`d like to read along. So could I get the roles, please? As usual. :lol:

I just totally agree with Yvaine! :D *running around and singing happily*

Now that we're full, I can't wait to start - so, is there any chance that we could actually start earlier? *g*
*join lotus singing happily*

I can't wait, too, cause I'm so excited. My tenth mutiny and then in English! Wow!

Or can we have the roles a little bit earlier? :D

Really? :eek:
Oh, wow, I was sure you've played more times than me. :ohoh:
Yeah, that's what I hope, too. Let's make this mutiny unforgettable! :scream:

Really. ;)
My first mutiny was before yours, true. But since then I had skip a few mutinies, so you had your chance to catch up and you did. :D

I've listed all my mutinies at the MF and even updated my list today, so you can check it there if you wish to.

Let's see if this becomes unforgettable, I'm anxious already. :D

/edit: aah, I was being too slow (my leg's still hurting since Mailin kicked me quite recently, so I can't run :p).
Nam's totally right about her explanation, nice to put it this way, you see, you're addicted and I'm not.... ;)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
See Mailin, they are busy spamming already :p I doubt that having their roles earlier will change that (especially since I wouldn't mind having them earlier too =))

Zur Zeit aktive Besucher

Zurück
Oben Unten