Mutiny in Baker Street

Höhere Macht

Mutiny in Baker Street

Mutiny-forum

On a stormy evening, Sherlock Holmes closed his eyes to flee into the comfortable world of dreams, apparently not knowing that a mysterious hooded figure was about to stand upon his houses' doorstep. This house was situated in Baker Street, in which ominous things were about to happen this very night. The hooded figure was a lackey of Holmes' arch enemy, Professor Moriarty. His intention was to enable the insidious plan of his Master, whose only desire was breaking into the house and getting rid of his annoying adversary. But there was one thing the criminal mastermind hadn't taken into consideration - Sherlock Holmes was also a genius (although not a criminal one) and already knew about his plan! And so, that evening officers from Scotland Yard were hidden in every corner of Baker Street, waiting to start an epic battle with Moriarty's poor servant.
Of course, Moriarty's lackey also hadn't come on his own. And so the battle between Officers [Sailors] and Lackeys [Mutineers] commenced.
After the initial confusion of the brawl, the lackeys had suddenly vanished! But still, the officers were sure they hadn't fled but rather stolen beaten officers' clothes to disguise themselves! Now, no one could be sure of the innocence of his fellows anymore.
The general decision was to cast a vote every evening. The person whom most people thought guilty would be locked in an empty warehouse at the far end of Baker Street. But the lackeys weren't stupid - they, too, voted for a victim every night. From behind, they knocked their victim out and disposed of him in a unobtrusive manner.

And the officers were not alone in their bold, spirited and courageous fight against evil that threatened to alter whole England, which basically meant the whole world’s doom.

Holmes himself [Priest] was assisting the fight. Once every night, he was able to catch one person, and as he knew everything he could see right through him and knew if he/she/it was an officer or one of Moriarty's lackeys.

As Holmes' colleague in many adventures, Dr Watson [Cook] was, of course, also involved. As a doctor, he had access to many very deadly poisons. Sadly, because he was informed on short notice, he had only managed to bring two vials of poison, but that was still enough to get rid of two opponents.

While everyone was busy beating each other up, Irene Adler [Cupid] was looking for love in all the wrong places again (this time in the middle of a battle of epic proportions). She had come by to visit Holmes, who, as usual, hadn't expected her at all. And since everyone was so occupied with not dying, no one noticed her shooting two darts full of love elixir, which she had procured in Bohemia, into two unknowing fighters. Those two were suddenly filled with an undying love for each other, no matter what side they were rooting for before.

Meanwhile, a lone man strolled around on the dark abandoned battlefield at night. His name was Inspector Lestrade [Night Watch]. His mind was set on protecting one of his officers every night, because as Inspector, their well-being was of foremost importance to him.

The Rules:

The upper might [jassie & Eowyn] will draw the roles for all takers at the beginning of the game. The crew will separate into sailors and mutineers. The role of each member is a secret. At day, everyone will counsel about who could be a mutineer. Until 7:30 pm, a victim for the plank has to be voted. The victim will be thrown over board and the role will be revealed. Drop out members are allowed to write one [and only one] farewell post to give hidden clues. If you’re not sure whether your farewell post is too direct, send it to us first. There is also a chatroom for the mutineers, whose link they will get via PM. From 7:30 to 8:00 pm [limit!], the mutineers will counsel in the chatroom about which sailor will be mutinied, under the control of the upper might. It is not allowed to talk about votes in the chatroom! After the mutineers have chosen their victim the conclusion will be announced in the thread. If the sailor had a special part [see below] it will be announced as well. The mutineers win if they are the clear majority; the sailors win if all mutineers are over board.

Other rules:

• The daytime „night“ begins after the vote for the plank. Now, the special parts can leverage their special abilities and the mutineers make their decision. The nights ends, if a victim for the mutiny is chosen and the special parts have sent their action via PM. During night no posts will be posted.

• There is a general ban on outing. Nobody is allowed to announce his role. Sentences like “I’m the ship’s cook” are not allowed. Guesses about the roles of other persons are allowed.

• It is not allowed to speak about the mutiny outside of the thread. This is valid for chatrooms and messengers as well as PMs.

• Readers are welcome, but they are not allowed to write something about the game. Drop out members aren’t allowed either to write something in the thread [apart from one farewell post] until the game is finished.

• If the ship’s cook is mutinied in the night in which he’s poisoning somebody, he is allowed to finish his action.

• If a candidate of a duel doesn’t attend, he will lose automatically. If both don’t attend, they will both lose. For this reason, everyone who is not sure if he is present on the day of the duel should send his moves on the PREVIOUS day.

The Special Parts:

• The Captain: he is voted on the first day by all takers. On the third day, he has to detain a duel. He sends the names of the two attendants in a PM to the upper might. The loser of the duel will drop out of the game.

• The Chief Mate: he, too, will be voted on the first day by the crew. He has a double ballot in every vote.

• The Priest: he can ask about the role of any member every night. To do that, he will send the upper might a PM, who will tell the priest the role, but only if he is a sailor or a mutineer. Only a sailor can be a priest.

• The Ship’s Cook: he has two bottles with poison. In the course of the game, he can poison a member in two nights each. The poisoned member will drop out. Only a sailor can be a ship’s cook.

• The Night Watch: every night, the night watch can protect a member of his choice (so he can’t be mutinied), but not himself. Only a sailor can be a night watch.

• The Cupid: in the first night, the cupid will choose two members who will be the lovers. After that, he has no function any more. Only a sailor can be a cupid.

• The Lovers: the lovers will be chosen in the first night by the cupid and can consist of sailors and mutineers. It is not allowed for them to plank or mutiny the other one or send the other one into the duel. If one of the lovers goes over board, the other one will drop out as well.

The duel on the third day comes up with the prominent game of rock-paper-scissors. both candidates will send us in their PMs two times three moves, for example: rock, paper, rock, scissors, paper, rock. If the first three moves lead to tie, the second three moves will compete. If they lead to tie as well, both candidates will survive the duel.

For the game to be alive, the members should engage themselves active. Members who will not write meaningful posts with theories and suspicions (as to say, an average of at least one post per day) after the first day will be banned for the following two games.

IMPORTANT!

Due to an increased number of egresses it was decided to supplement the rules by the following point: Banning members with multiple egresses or inactivity during the game.
To prevent further egresses and inactivity of members to bother the game there will be a „account for egresses and inactivity“.
Every member will be given one point each for one egress or inactivity that has been noticed by the upper might. By adding the second point, the member will be banned for the following three games. After that he can participate as usual. However, the points won’t be deleted and after 2 further points there will be a ban of five games. If the number of 4 games with inactivity or egresses gets crossed, there might be more bans.
If there is a cogent reason to egress, it will not be able to consider it, because the upper might won’t be able to check on it. The points will be given regardless of the reasons.

To prevent that egresses or inactivity some time ago have consequences after some completed games in the meantime, one point can be deleted after 5 completed games. The „burden of proof“ is at the side of the member, the points won’t be deleted automatically by the upper might or by the admins of the mutiny-forum. Before a ban is spoken out, the deletion of points has to be clarified.
The validation of egresses is self-explaining, as the point of time counts the beginning of the game through the first mutiny. The rating of inactivity may be done by the upper might of each game. Hereby there should be used some intuition, but simultaneously there should be a consequent usage of the rule (i.e. multiple days withouth any meaningful posts that contain suspicions and estimations). Other members should be fair and don’t claim bans, simultaneously the upper might can of course consider the reactions of the members. The account can be seen in the mutiny-forum by the following link: Link

Register until Tuesday, February 28th, 6pm
And notice: No German word allowed - all the votes, too!

Participators: (13/18)

- Kicker - planked on the second day, Officer
- Amhranai - mutineed in the first night, Irene Adler
- Seme - mutinied, 5th night
- natt i nord - mutineed, fourth night, Officer
- MP - planked on the first day, Officer
- dieLexi
- Margaret - planked, third day, lackey
- Mizuki - mutineed in the second night, Sherlock Holmes
- Naemi - Night Watch, lost duel on the third day
- ewry - poisoned, fourth night, Lackey
- Mailin - died with MP for love, Lackey
- Florentina
- Galdranorn
- poisoned, 5th night

Replacements:

Logbook:

First night:

Night Watch and Priest were active
Irene Adler (Am) was mutineed

First day:

Flo was voted for Boss and Mailin for Man in Charge
MP (Officer) was planked and Mailin (lackey) died with him for love

Second night:

Night Watch and Priest were active.
Sherlock Holmes (Mizuki) was mutineed

Second day:

Natti was voted for Boss.
Kicker (Officer) was planked.

Third night:

Seme was protected.
Night Watch was active.

Third day:
Flo chooses Naemi and Lexi for the duel. Naemi (Night Watch) loses.
Margaret (lackey) was planked

Fourth night:
ewry (lackey) was poisoned
Natti (officer and Man in Charge) was mutineed

Fourth day:
Seme was elected Man in Charge
Lexi (officer) was planked

Fifth night:
Seme (officer) was mutinied
Galdra (lackey) was poisoned

Dates:

Friday, March 2nd
15 pm: candidates of the duel will be announced
15:30 pm: duel
19:30 pm: plank, afterwards meeting of the lackeys.

Mutineers : Sailors = 0:1

Victory of the Sailors

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
  • Danke
Reaktionen: Margaret und dieLexi
I might not be able to be superactive on wednesday but after that I should be free for some gaming again, so sign me up please. :)

I'm in :)

And now I'll read the story - as though as this topic is not really the one I've got most knowledge of :D

It already starts Tuesday? Dunno, somehow I thought the start would be Thursday %)
I'd love to join, but Wednesday I won't be home before 5pm and Thursday I might not be here at all. I don't think joining in spite of this lack of time would be fair. *sighs*
It's a shame, I love the story and was so looking forward to playing in englisch again.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Sherlock Holmes? I love detectives including Holmes, so I'm curious where this will be going :D

Well, I promised I'd play this one, so here I am. Can't get much worse than the last one anyway :naja:

And now I'll go read the story :read:

EDIT: Nice ideas, I love the Cupid :lol:

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Well, oh well. Somehow this wasn't the plan. But... Baker Street. Holmes :love: (yes I have read all of Doyle :D) Oh God. Will you survive me another time? And my English as well? %)

Ok, sorry... I will try it, my pity for your ears =) :schäm:
I'd rather say pity for our eyes. :D

Although, I have to say I'm more of a Watson-Fan myself. %)

I'll count all of you in once I'm logged in as might the next time.

Aaw what a great story, I LOVE Sherlock Holmes :love:
Unfortunately I will start an internship next week, so I will be pretty busy during the day and unable to get to my computer before 5 pm.

But I will check in from time to time to see how the story developes :)

*notices that Opera stops underlining everything I write when it's a correct English word*
Haha, yeah, just noticed that too :D And oh wow, for once I don't have to bother writing out those goddamn Umlauts just because I prefer the English keyboard layout for the BB codes and stuff!

*is still a little bit afraid because of rarely using English since the last English mutiny*
The last time I actively used English was... uhm... well, I actually don't remember. Might have been in school, meaning it's been almost 5 years now :D (Or did I play some English mutiny? I can barely remember something, not too sure if it's even right... If I did, was far too long ago nevertheless^^)

Yes, can :naja: But I don't think it was too bad last round, I remember lots of fun while chatting about the victim for the night :D
Yeah, but that was kinda it already :zitter: My head was bursting because of all the confusion, I tell you! I mean, most of the time I was really wondering who was who - including you. And we were both mutineers :scream:

OMG it took me so such a long time to write this post. Did anybody understand anything? :zitter:
I did :D (Everything, actually, and not just part of it :nick:)

I feel like I'm talking even more through smilies here than in the German mutinies :Oo: Makes me crazy, I actually had to delete about half of those damn little things, and it still feels like too much (and now I was about to insert another one: :scream:. And here, I wanted to add one, too. And here, and here, and here.... You get the picture. This is going to be a frustrating game just because of smilies alone %))

She wanna show activity in the game ofc :D

@Mizuki: Is my browser playing tricks on me or did you just write the same post three times?

No, it isn't. The forum was playing tricks on me though by not working and then seemingly working three times in a row while I was doing other things :naja: Gonna delete two of them :lol:

I'm afraid I have to object. As a mastermind Moriarty would have considered the possibility of Sherlock gaining knowledge about his plans and would have included that obstacle in them.
Well, at least the Moriarty I always picture in my mind :D
Well yes, but that will have to wait until the mutineers win. :D And if they don't, then Moriarty just isn't as genius as we all thought he was. :D

She wanna show activity in the game ofc :D

That makes sense :D

No, it isn't. The forum was playing tricks on me though by not working and then seemingly working three times in a row while I was doing other things :naja: Gonna delete two of them :lol:

Well, that makes even more sense. :D Thanks for explaining. For a minute I was wondering if my browser tried to be funny again.

:idee: I often wondered why you never use umlauts but I always forgot to ask :D
Yeah, the codes are the main reason for it %) On the German keyboard, it's AltGr+8 for [, AltGr+9 for ] and Shift+7 for /. On my keyboard, it's ü, + and - respectively. And I hate always having to search for all the keys needed or having to use those buttons up there for every little thing when it's often a lot faster to type it in with just one key per character. That's why :)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Thank you for reserving a place for me :)
I really hope that everybody is going to understand me or at least can get the sense of that, what I am telling you :D

But, but, but Dr Watson is the Cook. :( Don't you like my story??? :heul:

+is sad+ :(

+is happy+ :lalala:

Great story, but I think an Englisch mutiny is too difficult for me. :D So I´ll probably only read what you are doing here. *watching you* And I would really like to have the roles later. %)

Great story, but I think an Englisch mutiny is too difficult for me. :D So I´ll probably only read what you are doing here. *watching you* And I would really like to have the roles later. %)

Oh, come on, no one's perfect and everyone will be just a little more confused than usually. :D That's the fun of it. /end of commercial. :D

And also a little more confusing... :ohoh:

But jassie's right, last time I also didn't want to play because of bad English and then I did it anyway, was the worst mutineer ever, everybody suspected me since the first day but who cares? :D
It's just for fun and it'll take some time that we'll get this opportunity again. So just give it a try ;)
I agree. :D

Mmmh. Oh well, I try it, ... but I`ve warned you. :D And no mutineer please. :scream:
:up:

[jassie]

Ah well, count me in. Goddamn addiction >.<
:up:

Mailin schrieb:
By the way: How do we adress the 'Höhere Macht'?

*feels the urge to wirite a "Mutiny in King's Landing* :glory:
I (we) am (are) the one and only amazing and irreplacaple upper might(s). :nick:

Mutiny in King's Landing might be interesting. :D

[jassie]

Mailin schrieb:
By the way: How do we adress the 'Höhere Macht'?
Mailin (and later Naemi) did use german words :eek: *hide*

Mailin schrieb:
*feels the urge to wirite a "Mutiny in King's Landing* :glory:
Oh yes, please (got a great dose of GoT I suppose :D)

Nice you are in :) There are a lot of good victums for the questioning people here :love:

Don't fear, people, my English ist pitiful and I am still capable of taking part... Just be brave :D

And I am for upper might too (our might is not really esoteric %))

Edit: upper might, higher power, almighty force... this English is really crazy :D

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Haven't you ever heard of jassie's violence and warmongering? :D

Well, it's too late to back out now. You'll have to participate, or else...:D Muahaha!

If anybody here is going to call me "Miss Soccer Player", I'll kill them.

By the way, either "Upper Might" and "Higher Power" sounds just crazy to me. Upper Might sounds really like Tupperware or Supper Might and Higher Power sounds just like it was translated by Google Translator :D
My favorite is still just the Might.

Zur Zeit aktive Besucher

Zurück
Oben Unten