Mutiny in the Sherwood Forest

Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.

Höhere Macht

Mutiny in the Sherwood Forest

The Munity-Forum

Annalists write the year 1190. King Richard is on a crusade in the Holy Land and the Sheriff of Nottingham exerts cruel and unfair regency over the county. But Robin Hood and some partisans resist him and flee in to the huge Sherwood Forest. Of course the Sheriff wants to end this resistance and so he smuggles some soldiers under the opponents, who have the order to capture one of the green guys every night and throw them into jail. But the intelligent freedom-fighters realise the danger and every day they chase away one person.

But there are some people with a special job, too:
Maid Marian: She is in deep love to Robin Hood and wants all people to be happy and in love. With her help an enamoured couple will find together.
Friar Tuck: an old priest, who controls the reserves of beer. Every night he asks a person for his real motives before giving him his portion alcohol
Duncan: a blind friend of Robin Hood, who has an excellent hearing. He can’t sleep in the night and therefore he guards one of the sleepers every night.
Little John: One of the best hunters and responsible for the food. But sometimes he just can’t hunt any deer down and the some people have to eat vegetables. And twice it might happen that these vegetables are poisonous – with deathly poison.
Betrayer: One of Hood’s partisans, who thinks he can do everything better, but no one believes him. Angry about this he changes the sides and helps the soldiers.

Rules:
The upper might [the beautiful Maid Eowyn and the sylvan fairy Mailin] will draw the roles for all takers at the beginning of the game. The crew will separate into sailors and mutineers. The role of each member is a secret. At day, everyone will counsel about who could be a mutineer. Until 7:30 pm, a victim for the plank has to be voted. The victim will be thrown over board and the role will be revealed. Drop out members are allowed to write one [and only one] farewell post to give hidden clues. If you’re not sure whether your farewell post is too direct, send it to us first. There is also a chatroom for the mutineers, whose link they will get via PM. From 7:30 to 8:00 pm [limit!], the mutineers will counsel in the chatroom about which sailor will be mutinied, under the control of the upper might. It is not allowed to talk about votes in the chatroom! After the mutineers have chosen their victim the conclusion will be announced in the thread. If the sailor had a special part [see below] it will be announced as well. The mutineers win if they are the clear majority; the sailors win if all mutineers are over board.

Other rules:

• The daytime „night“ begins after the vote for the plank. Now, the special parts can leverage their special abilities and the mutineers make their decision. The nights ends, if a victim for the mutiny is chosen and the special parts have sent their action via PM. During night no posts will be posted.

• There is a general ban on outing. Nobody is allowed to announce his role. Sentences like “I’m the ship’s cook” are not allowed. Guesses about the roles of other persons are allowed.

• It is not allowed to speak about the mutiny outside of the thread. This is valid for chatrooms and messengers as well as PMs.

• Readers are welcome, but they are not allowed to write something about the game. Drop out members aren’t allowed either to write something in the thread [apart from one farewell post] until the game is finished.

• If the ship’s cook is mutinied in the night in which he’s poisoning somebody, he is allowed to finish his action.

• If a candidate of a duel doesn’t attend, he will lose automatically. If both don’t attend, they will both lose. For this reason, everyone who is not sure if he is present on the day of the duel should send his moves on the PREVIOUS day.

The Special Parts:

• The Captain: he is voted on the first day by all takers. On the third day, he has to detain a duel. He sends the names of the two attendants in a PM to the upper might. The loser of the duel will drop out of the game.

• The Chief Mate: he, too, will be voted on the first day by the crew. He has a double ballot in every vote.

• The Priest: he can ask about the role of any member every night. To do that, he will send the upper might a PM, who will tell the priest the role, but only if he is a sailor or a mutineer. Only a sailor can be a priest.

• The Ship’s Cook: he has two bottles with poison. In the course of the game, he can poison a member in two nights each. The poisoned member will drop out. Only a sailor can be a ship’s cook.

• The Night Watch: every night, the night watch can protect a member of his choice (so he can’t be mutinied), but not himself. Only a sailor can be a night watch.

• The Cupid: in the first night, the cupid will choose two members who will be the lovers. After that, he has no function any more. Only a sailor can be a cupid.

• The Lovers: the lovers will be chosen in the first night by the cupid and can consist of sailors and mutineers. It is not allowed for them to plank or mutiny the other one or send the other one into the duel. If one of the lovers goes over board, the other one will drop out as well.

The duel on the third day comes up with the prominent game of rock-paper-scissors. both candidates will send us in their PMs two times three moves, for example: rock, paper, rock, scissors, paper, rock. If the first three moves lead to tie, the second three moves will compete. If they lead to tie as well, both candidates will survive the duel.

Please note that the game is very time intensive. Who wants to play has to register until Friday, September 26th, 5 o’clock pm, in this thread. A little time later the roles will be drawn and cast. The game starts at 7:30 pm with the first mutiny.

PLEASE try not to write in any colour than black, because it irritates, as the upper might is the only one who writes in a different colour. Same goes for bold, italic or underlined writing.

Participators:
Mias - sailor, mutinierd 3. night
jassie
PurpleMermaid - cupid, planked 3. day
Elenriel - ship's cook, mutinied 2. night
Caprisa
Vercors - sailor, mutinied in 5. night
M.P. - mutineer and lover, planked 2. day
Tilli - Sailor, planked 1. day
Mizuki
Willow
Miffy
Kira - sailor and lover, died with M.P. 2. day
black-rose - Sailor, poisoned 2. night
krebschen89
Personen-Matrix - night-watch, mutinied in 1. night
voguish - sailor, mutinied 4. night
meli
natt i nord - mutineer, lost duel 3. day
Elenaor - mutineer, planked 4. day
(19/20)

actual proportion: 3 mutineers - 4 sailors

Replacement: Mariasha

Logbook:
1. Night: Night-watch Personen-Matrix was mutinied. The priest was active.
1. Day: Elenaor becomes chief mate and MP captain. The sailor Tilli is planked.
2. Night: The sailor black-rose is poisoned by the ship's cook Elenriel, who is mutinied. The priest was active.
2. Day: The mutineer M.P. was planked. With him died his love, the sailor Kira.
3. Night: The sailor Mias was mutinied. The priest was active.
3. Day: PurpleMermaid was elected as captain. The mutineer Natt i nord lost the duel and the cupid PurpleMermaid was planked.
4. Night: The sailor voguish was mutinied. The priest was active.
4. Day: Meli was elected as captain. The mutineer Elena was planked.
5. Night: The sailor Vercors was mutinied. The priest was active.

Dates for tomorrow:
6:30 pm – voting for chief mate
7:30 pm – Plank
8 pm - mutiny

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
When I just saw the thread, I thought "What a strange title for a game" and then I realized that's the english mutiny :lol: (I think that there's a small mistake in the headlines?)
So now I want to sign up for this round.

FTA!! Great story and a cool idea. But sadly Maid Kestrel has to learn for her university exams and has to send her regrets for not beeing able to participate...

edit: D'Oh! STA thanks to Mias..

I don't wanna sign up, but I have to. Else Maid Eowyn won't let me go to bed now.

I cannot tolerate that. Thusly I shall play with you this time.

:ohoh: [I know, I know, but it's kind of .. late.]

Thanks to Mias für correcting :)

and welcome Jassie - I put you on the list. You are now allowed to fall asleep :D

Don't forget the forum's link. Else we are to spam here! ;)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Thusly I shall play with you this time.
I'm very sorry, but please allow me to ask - doesn't it mean "thus" in this sentence? Forgive me my lack of knockledge, but "thusly" sounds rather weird to me.

(Well, no, I'm not talking that swollen usually - let's say it's the time of day :D)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
*a messenger steps up*
*clears his throat*

Maid Purple of the Waldrapp Forest, down in the county of Austriashire, is pleased to inform you that her lordly presence will be upon you in this very mutiny.

*bows and leaves*

In other words: this time I managed to get to the thread in time. =)
I'm on it, let's get started!

Btw. thusly, my dear superior force, in fact really is a word belonging to the noble language of (what we call) English. I don't deny that it's no common word to use in everyday language, but hey - all postings so far were kinda overblown, so who cares. ;)

Hey ladies,

Is this a girls-only-mutiny? :lol: Or will some of the lads join the game?

Anyway, great story... really looking forward to the kick-off! (Kinda expected it to be taking place in the Middle Ages, would've probably chosen a similar setting if I'd written the story!)

However, I'm not quite sure whether I will be online Friday evening. But well, I will definitely have a look at my role and in case I will be one of the mutineers, I'll simply text the magnificent superior force ;) so that they'll be able to let the others know my opinion.

Take care,

Lady Elenriel of Waidhofenham

EDIT: Oh, and by the way... Since our charming superior force mentioned this game was also about improving the English of the players - let me tell you it's "Welcome to the magical world of old England", since countries never receive the article "the" in the English language ;)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Even though I would love to join this game I have to confess that I couldn't understand the rules in German I won't get them in English. ...
But I wish you a lot of fun ;D I think I'll stick my head in sometimes to check whose English is worst. :D

wtf...?? *leere Metflasche anguck und kopf schüttel* nie wieder alkohol o_ô *augen reib* die sprechen immernoch englisch ...?

I think Elenriel is right, but I have to say that it was very late yesterday and the charming sylvan fairy Mailin wrote the Signature, so...I'm just going to change it. But I think Kestrel is also right with the Netherlands ;)

+changing Account+

So, everyone is on the list. Pim, d'you wanna have a go? It's really simple ;)

[the beautiful Maid Eowyn]
(and no, I didn't give me that name, it was Mailin! :D)
(and it is just the truth :))
(+cuddles+ :))

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
No, I don't. Many thanks but it... seems complicated. %)
I bet it's much more fun without me. ^^

Well I could join and you kick me the first night. At least I could say I was in the game then. :cool:

I'm in, as long as you won't beat me up for being rather silent than talkative.

wtf...?? *leere Metflasche anguck und kopf schüttel* nie wieder alkohol o_ô *augen reib* die sprechen immernoch englisch ...?

Don't drink and type :up: :D

Well I could join and you kick me the first night. At least I could say I was in the game then. :cool:
Alrighty then, I'll write you on the list :D
Yes, it seems comlicated - but that's just show :D
Yeah, well...I won't forget my first game :lol:
I would never never never never beat you up, you know :D

Coward! That's an understatement! Fie for shame!

Ah, yes +Narnia-Modus off+

Just try it. We're all really nice to new ones and almost everyone who tried it loves the game :)

As I said, I'll join too ^.^

You forgot to translate the part about not sending in one's duel moves^^ And maybe you should really add the thing about text colours in the rules *looks at Tilli*

But the story's really nice, great idea for an english mutiny :D

I think I'm gonna try too. The only problem there is, I've only ever played it in my real life, never on the internet.
Anyhow...how long's the game gonna take, though? A week? less? more?

I HAD translated it, but forgot to remove the German part as I sent the translation to Mailin. I'm going to change it ;)

Well, yes, the thing about the colour...I'm gonna add it.

@ Willow: Well, mostly it takes about four or five days. A week is rather unlikely.

For everyone: We will add a new rule - well, it's no rule, it's a plea - PLEASE try not to write in any colour than black, because it irritates, as the upper might is the only one who writes in a different colour. Same goes for bold, italic or underlined writing.

Oh, right, I just saw german words in there :D

I would like to sign up as a replacement player since I will be without internet connection between Friday and Monday afternoon.

*bows and goes away*

Count me in :scream:

*going to read*

Miffy! Maid Miffy! It is a pleasure to see, um, read you :)

+counts you in+

@ Mariasha: oh, what a pity! It is a shame that your internet connection denies you the pleasure of this game :(

[Maid Eowyn]

Forgive me my lack of knockledge, but "thusly" sounds rather weird to me.

It is rather weird, but I felt like speaking in a strange way :D
It kind of means "so" or something like that, I think. It just popped up in my head. xD

Then it is fitting to jassie *runs away very very fast and hides somewhere* ;)

*runs definitely faster than Mailin*

Btw. thusly, my dear superior force, in fact really is a word belonging to the noble language of (what we call) English. I don't deny that it's no common word to use in everyday language, but hey - all postings so far were kinda overblown, so who cares. ;)

You got it right. :D

Count me in :scream:

*going to read*

Miffy ♥

All the same, fair maid, it IS a strange word. Especially, as it is American Englisch and in our time in America nobody spoke English ;)

Miffy! Maid Miffy! It is a pleasure to see, um, read you :)

+counts you in+

@ Mariasha: oh, what a pity! It is a shame that your internet connection denies you the pleasure of this game :(

[Maid Eowyn]

It is not really the connection, but I need to visit my granny over the weekend and won't be returning until Monday afternoon.

I am particularly sad, because I have the entire next week off and would have had a lot of time to play.:(

@ Elenriel
Sure? I thought it's 'the Netherlands'...

You're right, but there is an exception for every rule, you know =)

Wooohooo, there's finally one guy who isn't afraid to join us. Welcome to our beloved forest, M.P. ;)

I
For everyone: We will add a new rule - well, it's no rule, it's a plea - PLEASE try not to write in any colour than black, because it irritates, as the upper might is the only one who writes in a different colour. Same goes for bold, italic or underlined writing.

I've got a question with regards to the leaders of this game: Can we agree on ONE translation for "Höhere Macht"? If you choose "upper might" then that is perfectly fine with me... I would just like to know how to address you properly ;)

Well, Mailin translated it to "upper might" in her dictionary in the Forum for the Munity. So, I took that expression and used it for the rules, too. I'm fine with that expression, but jassie said that it sounds rather weird - all the same, if everyone agrees, then I would rather use "upper might" so I don't have to change everything.

@ Mariasha: that's a real pity :( maybe next week we'll start another game...

²Dear Miss Eo:

Oh, if you see it that way, no one in that time talked this kind of English. ;) Probably Robin Hood and his homies wouldn't understand a single thing of these strange language we're talking here, since Middle English sounds a bit different, don't you agree?

To recite a famous poem that just comes to my mind:
Whan þat Aprill with his shoures sote
Þe droghte of Marche haþ perced to the rote,
And baðed euery veyne in swich licour,
Of which vertu engendred is þe flour;

*blinks to Elen*

And concerning the name of our game leaders: I'd vote vor superior force. Sounds great. =)

Well, alright. I'm going to have the most posts here, but who cares...

I know that in this time no one talked our kind of English, but apart from you and me (a bit) I know no one who plays this Mutiny who can read or write Middle English, so I think Modern English is quite fine. And since we are in England (;)), a word from the weird language called American English (which sounds really horrible to me!) doesn't really fit it, does it? All I'm saying - "thusly" is a weird word for a Mutiny in England :D

Shhht, don't talk about things lying far ahead in time! :ohoh: Columbus is not even born yet... ;)

But I see what you mean, of course. I try not to use these bad words, because it's not in my place to offend the superior force. :rolleyes: (Or upper might... or whatever... you know ^^).

What about "Superior Lordship"? According to leo, Lordship means "Macht", and it would fit into the time :D

That sounds rather...special :ohoh:

We could be the Superior Queens :D

Or we use +looks to leo again+ "sway", "power" or "master". "Potency" is there, too, but I do not think that this would really fit in :lol:

Your reminded of the military? ^^ Yeah, didn't think of that yet; but you're kinda right.

I thought about Star Wars and the force... :lol: Okay, I admit, that doesn't fit either.

I want to sign up, too.
But, you all have to help me please.:scream:
My English isn't the best, I learned just in School.

Maybe, I can have a personal Translater:DPlease??
Or just someone who can help me with my bad bad English???

²Kira: I don't think you need someone who translates for you. For what you wrote so far is perfectly understandable. And if you've got problems concerning the other direction, you can ask me anytime, if you don't understand anything. :)

We have a thread in the Mutiny-Forum for everyone who needs help with English - as announced ;)

How about "superior might"? I think "might" fits in, but "upper" sounds rather...up the ante :ohoh: (or what else - leo is sometimes really nasty and naughty! :schnief:)

@PurpleMermaid

Thank you, foy your nice words. I want to play, because I want to change my English better!!!

@Mailin
Thanks, I promise I will use it. Very often.

oh, that's so unfair *cry*

I would like to play an english munity but this time I need much time for my school and homeworks. So I can't play this round.

I wish you much fun and hope all of you can train his/her english. perhaps it's possible to play an round in school holidays... :D

greetings, Jule ... (I hate my english :p )

Do you still need some fighters in tights?
Well, then I'm yours :D

(Please miss my bad english. Thanks)

I'd like to join.

Already 15 players! I think the English Mutiny was a good idea :)

[Maid Eowyn]

Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.

Zur Zeit aktive Besucher

Zurück
Oben Unten